Six novels have been selected for the shortlist of this year’s German Book Prize. Read more about the six here.
Six novels have been selected for the shortlist of this year’s German Book Prize. Click on the titles to read synopses and author biographies in English:
- Bov Bjerg, Serpentinen (Claassen, January 2020)
- Dorothee Elmiger, Aus der Zuckerfabrik (Carl Hanser, August 2020)
- Thomas Hettche, Herzfaden (Kiepenheuer & Witsch, September 2020)
- Deniz Ohde, Streulicht (Suhrkamp, August 2020)
- Anne Weber, Annette, ein Heldinnenepos (Matthes & Seitz Berlin, February 2020)
- Christine Wunnicke, Die Dame mit der bemalten Hand (Berenberg, August 2020)
The winner of the German Book Prize 2020 will be announced in the evening of 12 October.